Thursday, March 29, 2018

First Look At Tom Hardy's Al Capone

Originally, one of my most anticipated movies of the year was Josh Trank's Al Capone film Fonzo starring Bane/Mad Max himself Tom Hardy. I find the story of this mobster to be very interesting and a film about him starring one of the best actors working today. Sounds like a possible Oscar contender. It was supposed to start filming last year for a 2018 release date, but production got delayed and Hardy went on to film the upcoming Venom movie instead. So I was a little concerned that the project might not happen for awhile. Thankfully, Hardy confirmed on his Instagram account that Fonzo will be the next project he works on and later gave us the first look of him as Capone.



Personally, I think he looks looks great. We know this film is about about the final days of Capone's life and him suffering from dementia. This photo shows a very broken man. I know it's just a picture, but it does give me more hype for the film (And it means filming is starting very soon).

One thing that would disappoint me though about the delayed production is that the film may no longer be released in 2018. I wouldn't be surprised if they were able to shoot it and put it out on time as it's a small film (And they're probably hoping this film is an awards contender), but I also wouldn't be surprised if the release date is changed.

I also really hope this film is Josh Trank's big comeback. I loved his direction on Chronicle (A great super villain origin story) and while Fantastic Four ended up being a mess, it wasn't all his fault (A lot of studio interference damaged the film) and the first half was actually okay IMO.

Alongside Hardy, the film has a pretty good cast including Linda Cardellini  and Kyle MacLachan.

What do you think of this pic? Comment and let me know. And thanks for reading. :0)

1 comment:

  1. I am also looking forward to this movie. Al Capone had a very interesting life and I look forward to seeing what they do with this film Thanks for your insight.!

    ReplyDelete