Saturday, March 31, 2018

The Conflicting Aquaman Test Screenings


Ah, early test screenings. Sometimes they say the film is the best thing ever and sometimes they say it's a mess. That's happening now with Warner Brothers and DC's upcoming Aquaman film. Last month it was reported that they screened an early rough cut of the film and the audience loved it. And recently, a new rumor came out that the first cut of the film may have some issues. What do we believe.

Honestly, I try my best not to get too worked up about test screening reactions or early fan reactions. I remember before Fantastic Four, Justice League, and Transformers 4 all had great early fan reactions and look what happened. And Wonder Woman was rumored to have bad test screenings even though the film ended up being awesome. I have faith that Aquaman will be a really good film since James Wan is directing it and I liked Jason Mamoa's version of the character in Justice League even though the film wasn't great. I don't think WB will meddle with Wan like they did with David Ayer and Zack Snyder since he has great relationship with the studio, helmed a billion dollar film with Furious 7, and set up another valuable franchise for the studio with the Conjuring films. And if I'm right about it's quality, I think it could have Wonder Woman like box office results.

What do you think of these test screening rumors? What do you believe? Comment and let me know. And thanks for reading. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment